Minnesota Judicial Center
The centerpiece of the new Judicial Center, located on the State Capital Mall, is the carefully renovated 1915 Minnesota Historical Society Building. It is integrated with a new 150,000 sf addition. Public spaces are located in the older building - parts of which offer spectacular views of the State Capitol - and private offices are in the new structure. A central court, defined by a vertical art glass skylight, bridges the two components and serves as the public entry to the entire complex. It also provides a formal connection to the Capital Mall.